Planning a DIY wedding can be daunting, so we love finding easy ways that you can make your own decorations to get through the planning process as painlessly as possible. Case in point: glittery wedding cake toppers! Super easy to craft with an eye-catching and professional result. Choose between two sweet phrases in a pretty script font for your special day.
Tools & Materials
- Cutting Machine (optional, but recommended)
- Low Temperature Hot Glue Gun
- Spray Mount
- Glitter Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Wooden Skewer
- Start by gathering the supplies listed above to make the wedding cake toppers. We got our coppery glitter paper from our nearest Michaels.
- Download the design at the bottom of the post – use the SVG with a cutting machine or the PDF if you are cutting by hand.
- Cut out the words. If you are using a machine, we recommend cutting it on one setting higher than cardstock. To cut the glitter paper by hand, print the design onto regular paper, trace it on the back of the glitter paper (mirrored), then trim the design with a utility or craft knife.
- Cut out the same design onto white cardstock.
- Use spray mount or glue to adhere the glitter cardstock to the regular cardstock. This will make the wedding cake toppers a bit more stiff and sturdy.
- Hot glue a skewer to the back of the toppers and stick it into your cake.
For another glittery wedding cake topper, find our pretty “our love grows” design. If you would rather have a botanical or floral cake topper instead of text, we love our metallic wreath topper or jumbo crepe peony. Browse all of our DIY wedding projects for inspiration, including our collection of DIY decorations to outfit your event. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for daily inspiration, then head to our membership page to start crafting with us. Stay inspired! ~ Lia & Team
On – 03 Jun, 2017